Thursday 18 April 2013

WANJIKU YOU ALWAYS IDEAL FOR ME

                                                  DIARY 21.11.2013
Wanjiku is my first love.Before I let you on my deep secrets,let me first introduce her so that you may get the drill.Okay!let me put this straight first,Wanjiku is not a lady but my beloved country Kenya.There are people I dont get along with especially those that call me,'ka anto,anto mless or madivo'.That aside I love all kenyans thats why I write about the coming elections.
 Ever since I was born,our politicians have been promising us the same things.Be it electricity,water, roads and education.However,they they have always been re-elected  and those elected for the first time,have always repeated the fallacy carried out by their predecessors ie recycling the same mistakes.I do not blame the politicians as we are the ones that vote them in.The usually have their own motives and subtly trick us that they have our best interests at heart.I wonder how many people vet the politicians they vote for.In my opinion, the politicians should first be leaders before they occupy those offices.
 As for a leader I mean a person who is ready to serve the people that vote for them.By serving I mean a person who has carried out a thorough research on the problems that face the people that elect them and when in power they try to solve those problems.For how long are we going to be recycled with false promises by people who enrich themselves when the rest of the people suffer?
Take an example of Mobutu  seseseko who by whatever means had more money in his swiss account than the treasury of his country.Also the Goldenbulg scandal in Kenya,who caused it?and each of us has an example of an injustice that took place in the past.
True leaders should outlive their offices:British Prime minister in 1944 sought to appease Italy's Benito Mussolini and Germans Aldolf  Hitler who wanted to conquer Europe.As you vote the politicians,ask yourself,'will the person I will vote for make our society better or worse than it is now?'The person you will vote for individually will  affect us either directly or indirectly.
Most of the aspiring politicians are as cunning as a young man trying to woo a disinterested lady in the dark.They play emotional battles on us telling us how undeserving their rivals are for the post.By the way,we should allow all contestants to air their views without duress.We should however vet them on an individual level depending on how strong their visions are for the betterment of our society.As each of them speak,let us try to discern whether just hey are talking on resolving issues or just playing politics. Politics is propaganda  or talking against another person to justify yourself.Let us not sway with the winds of majority and on an individual level do what is the best for our country.By best I mean let us vote solutions and not persons.I remember how some of them have used us as stepping stones to their ambitions,let us now use them as stepping stones to our solutions.The simplest way to do this is by asking ourselves,'what do we want solved?'If I want employment addressed,so as I vote,I will ask myself whom amongst the persons provided in the voting sheet is most likely to fulfill this?If  it is X then I vote for X.If we all did this,then we are likely to vote leaders and not mere politicians.
I do respect those that have done what was expected of them while they were in those political offices because they are true leaders.As for the rest who have manipulated the society and not lived to their tssk,my hope is that they take a rest and be onlookers on what they should have done.As you vote,your vote is our future so vote wisely.





I remain
ANTHONY MURIUKI
Kieni constituent

No comments:

Post a Comment